Badge for Patrol Leaders of the Hungarian Gendarmerie
In 1895 this particular badge was introduced for the Hungarian Gendarmerie as a special sign for the patrol leaders, so it was not really a qualification badge although it was worn like and did look like one. In the centre of this brass cockade is a Hungarian crown shown surrounded with red enamel. After the war this badge continued to be worn by the Hungarian Gendarmerie until 1944.
Back to Qualification Badges